UPDATING being undertaken in October 2020
The original and very out of date list is being edited to remove from the list :
a) all entries that have been migrated to The Journals
b) all entries that have dead links
. . . and general tidying up, some still to do
What was (probably) the most extensive list of links to web sites about Land's End to John O'Groats cycling trips on the net was Ian's Ultimate Links List that, sadly, disappeared in about 2011.
The content had been copied without permission - I tried to contact Ian from the Ultimate Links several times but received no response.
Rob, Stratford-upon-Avon, March 2009
My ride is No 176 - Rob & Joe's JOGLE 2005 - and I rode LEJOG with Jon in 2010
October 2020 - withe Cycle : End-to-End website moving to a new server and update software I have checked all the links on the original list and deleted those that are no longer live and moved many to The Journals (retaining the Ultimate List number) which is indexed and searchable by title [This process is not yet complete]
If you have a journal, or your previous entry is live elsewhere, please let me know through the ENQUIRY/CONTACT form.
The Ultimate Links List of Land's End to John O'Groats Cycle Trips
As stated above the original list has been updated - however the orginal list (as published from 2009-October 2020) is still published on this website (see the link under THE JOURNALS)
Entries that have been received after 20 March 2009 - are in the Library with a new number sequence starting at 501.
. . . . . to be migrated to the main The Journals section:
265. 3 Scroats to John o'Groats - Mike, Jim and Robs trip to John O'Groats from Lands End in June 2006
261. Gavin's Lejog Offroad 2006 - 3rd Successful LEJoG Offroad, in 23 days
257. Very Nice People - George & Ben start at Land's End in boxer shorts and rely on spontaneous generosity for everything else to complete the trip!!
256. FILE DOWNLOAD Bike in a box from Tasmania - More of a Solo camping tour of Britain, including 3 Peaks & LEJoG! Just get on your bike and do it! - Done on a Moulton - Opens as .pdf file
254. Anglo-Swiss Charity Bike Ride - Two man JoGLE in 2003
246. Kipperonabike - A very quick kipper, who entered Scotland on the 4th day of the LEJoG!
229. Cycle NE2SW - A four man JoGLE in May 2006
220. Jogleandbeyond - Senor Bones JOGLE webblog, 10 days in April 2006
192. Dr Feelgood's Guitarist 2003 - Steve Walwyn's ride raising money for the Down's Syndrome Association
187. LEJOGing for Whittington Babies 2005 - by father & son, Barry & David Turner
172. Dave & Jo's E2E 2005 - A trip in April/May
160. 2men1bike - 9 day tandem ride on two tandems, the first one broke en route! 2men2tandems?
150. Richard's 9 Day Ride - A Solo fundraiser
149. DUPLICATED Daughter & Dad - 1003 miles - One rider is 14 years old and the other is "aren't policemen looking young" age.
144. 15 Days via Arran - Alan Pewsey and 3 friends' 2003 trip taking in the Isle of Arran en route
133. Pete's UK End to End 1999 - A solo camping trip in 11 days
125. End2End 2003 - Doing it the hard way: JOG to LE in 8 days. Supported ride by 8 cyclists in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
93. Ride For Life - John o'Groats to Land's End - Starts 24th June 2002 - Route via Essex - Very smart, thorough and technical site
82. Will Watson - 9 day trip in June 2000
80. N Coomber - some pictures of a 1978 trip
72. Steveonabike.co.uk - Raising money for breast cancer
56. http://www.end2end.me.uk//- by Chris Humphrey & Mark Bayliss raising money for Albinism in 8 days in July 2001
51. September 2000 Trip by Tandem - Ken & Linda Hardy have done a great site about their trip