Below is (probably) the most extensive list of links to web sites about Land's End to John O'Groats cycling trips on the net.
The list is from Ian's Ultimate Links List that, sadly, disappeared in about 2011.
If you want to send a link to your own E2E web page, or pages that you know of that are not on this list then use the ENQUIRY/CONTACT form
My ride is No 176 - Rob & Joe's JOGLE 2005 - and I rode LEJOG with Jon in 2010
This is a very long page to scroll through .... the Library of Journals will, in due course, have all the entries here in an indexed and searchable form
The content has been copied without permission - I tried to contact Ian from the Ultimate Links several times but received no response. If there is an objection to continuing this valuable project then I will remove the content at once. The links have not all been checked and many may be dead.
Rob, Stratford-upon-Avon, March 2009
December 2009 - the list is being migrated, slowly, to the searchable library. A lot of the early links are dead - if one of the dead ones is yours and you have a working link, or have the journal in a form that can be hosted on this website (pdf or Word doc) then please let me know.
October 2020 - the dead links will be cleared when I get round to it!
The Ultimate Links List of Land's End to John O'Groats Cycle Trips
The trips are listed in date order, with the most recent at the top, but there is a big variety in the styles of trips undertaken, and types of sites written.
Some of the oldest sites are amongst the best and so I strongly recommend looking all the way to the bottom of the list for the information you may be after.
Some of the link descriptions highlight where there is particularly interesting or useful stuff.
If you read plenty of sites you will find advice and gems of information amongst them that will enable you to decide on the best way of undertaking the trip that will suit you.
Just click on the links in blue to go to each site Struck through entries are also in The Library of Journals as they are migrated. Those marked DEAD LINK have been ignored in the migration process. A few Journals that were hosted on the Ultimate Links site have been converted by a simple copy/paste to .pdf files (either as raw text where there are no photographs, or via a Word document to retain pictures)
Entries that have been received after 20 March 2009 - are in the Library with a new number sequence starting at 501.
305. GMAS Staff E2E 2008 - Greater Manchester Ambulance Service are camping along the way, raising money for the Air Ambulance
304.DEAD LINK 66 & Single 2007 - Rod is on a great trip, half done and half left for next year, staying with the YHA on route
303. Bike Adventure 2007 - John Holland's blog of his trip with Bike Adventures
302. Lejog Blog 2007 - Lee Adams and Ian Denham record their trip with graphs showing all the hills on their route
301.DEAD LINK Lejog 2007 - Chris Sprules 18 Days for BHF
300. Phil's LEJOG 2007 - 'Most notably, I am not a cyclist - I'd never ridden more than 35 miles in a day until a week before my ride'
299. Because Its There! - Just with spare tube, bivvy bag, and what cash he could muster
298. NickandLesterBigBikeRide - Two forty-somethings from Gloucestershire attempt the big bike ride to improve the lives of children in China's orphanages
297.DEAD LINK jogle2007.co.uk - Gordon & Mark raise money for Wishaw General Neonatal Unit
296. freewheelin.org - Ange & Richard raise money for Wishes 4 Kids
295.DEAD LINK Team PECCS 2007 - 9 Day team JoGLE raising money for The Royal Marsden Hospital
294. LEJoG Blog - Tandem ride April 2007
293. Musical Tour - Solo 14 day trip in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust
292.DEAD LINK Are We There Yet 2007 - 905 miles in 8 days and 4 hours by a fast road route in aid of St Francis Children's Hospice
291. Biking For Beer - A bike ride from Land's End to John O'Groats and then back again, taking in the most northerly, southerly, easterly and westerly parts of the British mainland. Over 2850 miles
290. 3500k E2E - "Aussie couple start in Paris, cycle via Cherbourg to Cornwall to start an E2E that takes in Lincoln & York
289. York JoGLErs - Matt, Steve & Keith raise money for the Starlight Foundation
288. With a Twist - Phil's solo April 2007 E2E with the Three Peaks on route
287. LesJoGLE - Les & friends do the trip 20 years after a previous trip
286.DEAD LINK Small Babies, Big Hearts - Gordon & Mark raise money for the neonatal unit that cared for Gordon's daughter
285. Pinstripe Peddlers - 3 raise a lot of money for NAS and the Alzheimer's Society in June 2007
284. Sunburnt & Snowed On - Ian Fardoe's Optima Dragon recumbent ride, solo & camping
283. The Langworthy's JoGLE - Dad & twin sons do JoGLE in aid of Exeter neonatal unit
282. Just Rolling - Great Photos and account of 2005 trip by 3 men & a lady
281. Long, Slow and Wiggly - Birdy folder trip from South to North on the UK's longest straight line
280.DEAD LINK Wishyouwerenthere - Not a lot written, but if you have broadband and click on the map and then the links to 'All' or individual days....and then click on 'hybrid'... you can see a line unfold that marks out the route bit by bit, all with mapping overlaying satellite pictures. It seems the three lads intrepid travellers just did what the GPS said, and got lost a few times. Some pictures. The map thing is impressive, but it would be good to hear the rest of the story of their JoGLE!
279. Cycle4Charity - Female/Male 4 cyclist team cycling for The Meningitis Research Foundation
278. LEJoG - Five 16 year olds E2E for Cancer Research
277.DEAD LINK Top To Tail 07 - JoGLE 3 bikes, 1000 miles, no satnav
276.DEAD LINK Team 28 Squadron - Dino & Richard raising money for the RAFA
275. Moulton E2E 2006 - Simon Berry's 2006 trip on a 30 geared Pashley Moulton TSR30.
Possibly the most detailed account ever. If you are going to use GPS, read his account to see the problems there can be. He has established why the first days from LE are the hardest - "The total ascent on Day 2 was 6,460 ft. In comparison, Day 6, which included Shap, was 'only' 4,281ft. I climbed 35,500 feet in total (Mount Everest is 29,035 feet above sea level)"
This year Simon is aiming to do the first LEJoG entirely on the Sustrans National Cycle Network and is planning his whole route by GPS. This is available at gpscycle.com
274. Salmon Cycle - Three female Salmon siblings migrate from LE to JoG in September 2006, with the support of Matilda. Read the blog from the beginning.
273. S.P.O.K.E - Spalding Peddlers on Killer Expedition - 5 rider supported trip
272. Richard's JoGLE - Solo 'downhill' B&B July 2007
271. Lardy to Lean II - MacPanda is slimming and raising money with the trip
270. Solo End to End - For Kings Mill Special School
267. DEAD LINK. The End 2 End Adventure 2008 - Cycle Training Instructor and friends raising money to train young cyclists via the Antony Lord Foundation, and also for the RNLI, and Patch Adams' Gesundheit Institute
266. DEAD LINK. Three Guys On Bikes - Cycle camping trip by Kev Welsh, Ian Muncaster and Kev Jones, raising money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation UK
265. 3 Scroats to John o'Groats - Mike, Jim and Robs trip to John O'Groats from Lands End in June 2006
263. DEAD LINK. Dig Deep For Africa - 10 day 1000 mile JoGLE for Burundi
262. DEAD LINK. LE To JoG On A Dutch Bike - A solo 14 day trip on very practical and comfortable bicycle
261. Gavin's Lejog Offroad 2006 - 3rd Successful LEJoG Offroad, in 23 days
260. DEAD LINK. Bikes 4 Ghana - Solo Scenic 1088 miles 13 days by hostel & B&B
259. Richard's Solo Camping - 14 days on CTC Route
258. DEAD LINK. Jason's Solo Beer & Bannanas Tour 2006 - B&B trip with good account
257. Very Nice People - George & Ben start at Land's End in boxer shorts and rely on spontaneous generosity for everything else to complete the trip!!
256. FILE DOWNLOAD Bike in a box from Tasmania - More of a Solo camping tour of Britain, including 3 Peaks & LEJoG! Just get on your bike and do it! - Done on a Moulton - Opens as .pdf file
255. JoGLE - A site in German - Solo 1,946 km (1,209 miles) over 18 days in June 2006
254. Anglo-Swiss Charity Bike Ride - Two man JoGLE in 2003
253. Russell Snowden - LEJG 13 day B&B trip - great blog
252. DEAD LINK. Girl Solo - Kiwi Kim's 20 day ride
251. DEAD LINK. Russell's Pictures - He has yet to write anything!
250. DEAD LINK. Richard's Solo Trip - via Arran in aid of the British Heart Foundation, National Autistic Society and Cancer Research UK
249. LEJoG for Laurel Brown - LE2JOG For Laurel Brown, April 2006
248. DEAD LINK. Keir's LEJoG Aug 2006 - 30 yr old Keir's solo trip for Cancer Research
247. DEAD LINK. Pedal For Paros - Niki and Katrina are two of the British survivors of the Samina Express Ferry Disaster With friends Lianne & Sue they are raising money for the rescue team.
246. Kipperonabike - A very quick kipper, who entered Scotland on the 4th day of the LEJoG!
245. DEAD LINK. Nepaliwater.com - Two oldies and alarmingly fit young man raising money for Water Aid by a very scenic LEJoG route in 16 days
244. NOW IN JOURNALS Bob's J.O.G.L.E 2006 - Marking his half-century by riding North to South for the British Heart Foundation
242. AwsomeLEJoG - Five Blog the LEJoG for charity
241. ClemJoGLE06 - Paul Clements cycled South solo
240. DEAD LINK. Non Stop Relay - Four employees of South Birmingham Primary Care Trust start on 26th June 2006
239. Jerry Anderson's East of Pennines Route, May 2006 - The route went through Meriden, England's central point - Detailed account with route improvements over my own trip
238. Steveybo.com - Steve is off, solo, in July 2006
237. DEAD LINK. lejog06 - James & Henry, 7 days, unsupported
236. http://www.bike1000.co.uk/index.htm- 14 Days in June 2006
235. DEAD LINK. JoGLEJO- Jo the teddy bear JoGLEs via childrens' nurserys
234. Silver Wedding Ride - Margaret & Dave celebrate by doing the trip on their anniversary - They have on-bike sat nav too
233. DEAD LINK. The Flying Detectives- CID from Lewisham raise money for Cystic Fibrosis in July 2006
232. DEAD LINK. e2e4e - A team from the Royal Borough Kingston raise money for the Asian Earthquake Appeal - Excellent section about training
231. DEAD LINK. JoGLE Off Road - John Brindle & Sergio Delnevo cycle North to South Off Road
230. LEJoG4Matt - 50 somethings, Graham and Stephs' June 2006 trip
229. Cycle NE2SW - A four man JoGLE in May 2006
228. Farm-Boy.co.uk - Jake's Solo Hostel Trip - Well written site
227. The Bike Ride - Anthony & Steves' ride in May 2006
225. DEAD LINK. There & Back Again - Run Down, cycle back..... in 15 days!!!
224. Martin The Cyclist - Solo Camping trip blog, June 2006
223. DEAD LINK. Paul & Andrews' Cycle Ride - An autumn ride in Oct 2005
222. ? LINK David & Terrys' Odyssey - for Dr Hadwen Trust against animal testing, July 2006
221. May 1999 - 4 man trip in 1999
220. Jogleandbeyond - Senor Bones JOGLE webblog, 10 days in April 2006
219. DEAD LINK. The Great Trike Trek! - E2E by recumbent trike in 7 days
218. DEAD LINK. Chernobyly Childrens' Lifeline - two cyclists cycle the route in opposite directions at the same time, June 2006
217. Specialride - for special needs - Julian, Jon, Lawrence and Stephen ride for Ravenswood Village in Berkshire
216. DEAD LINK. EndtoEnders.com - 13 & 14 years olds do the E2E by relay
215. Passion For Cycling - Photos of an E2E in 1999 and links to other cycle rides
214. DEAD LINK. Gary & Roberto's End to End - May 2006
213. Sheila's Wheelers - Ride from North to South in tribute to mum
212. DEAD LINK. Great Trike Trek - Aiming for a record by production recumbent trike
211. LEJoG May 2006 for Saxon Wood School - A 13 day Route to the East of The Pennines - Lots of determination to finish through bad weather - Full maps
210. DEAD LINK. Steve Lee & Ian 2006 - 14 days in July
209. The End to End Girls 2006 - Pat & Janie cycle North to South in April 2006
208. LEJOG 2006 - Steve Butler raising money for St Clare Hospice
207. Thomas Parkin - Solo B&B trip, going to Orkney & Shetland as well
206. Lejog in April, Kilimanjaro in Sept - Raising money for AMREF
205. Dale's Trip - 1st to 9th June 2006 - Raising money Cancer Research UK
204. DEAD LINK. Riding for Gareth - They started 23rd March 2006 - Blog updating every day
203. Cyclaid - Andrew Auld sets out in May 2006 raising money for AIDS
202. End2End Summer 2005 - 1000 miles, two cyclists and one very unreliable bike
201. DEAD LINK. Whiteboard Riders- Jon Rouse is riding John O'Groats to Lands End in Aug 2006 to raise money to pay for IT equipment at Racemeadow Primary School in Atherstone, Warwickshire.
200. tra-velo-gue.co.uk - Lightweight; in just 6 days he did it. Very smart site with good kit & packing list
199. DEAD LINK. The Longroad Ahead - Paul's ride in May 2006 for The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign
198. DEAD LINK. The Pedal Pushers - Hannah & Andy are raising money for Raleigh International & The Huntingtons Disease Association
197. Keith's Solo End to End for Doncaster's Civic Charity in June 2005
(TEXT & PICTURES SENT BY KEITH AND HOSTED ON THIS SITE)
196. VHL Lejog 2006 - 14 days in aid of Von Hippel Lindau Cancer by Father and Son, aged 14, whose Wife and 10 year old sister have been diagnosed with this incurable condition - Support the family in the fight against VHL.
195. A LEJoG Blog - Mark Campbell's 12 day trip, Sept - Oct 2005
194. DEAD LINK. Brian Whelan's North - South trip for May 2006
193. ? LINK The Race Against Time - A 5 day charity challenge that you can sign up for
192. Dr Feelgood's Guitarist 2003 - Steve Walwyn's ride raising money for the Down's Syndrome Association
191. End to End To Celebrate 60 - by Esther & Michael Abrahams - B&B (TEXT SENT BY MICHAEL AND HOSTED ON THIS SITE)
190. My End to End - by Steve Keens solo (TEXT & PHOTOS SENT BY STEVE AND HOSTED ON THIS SITE)
189. DEAD LINK. 1Bike 2Blokes 3Balls - A Tandem LeJog ride for Cancer Research by David Fenton & Colin Howard following the west route in April 2006
187. LEJOGing for Whittington Babies 2005 - by father & son, Barry & David Turner
186. Gary & Lee 2006 - For Great Ormond Street Hospital
185. DUPLICATED Mark's Autumn 12 Days - Sept - Oct 2005
184. Jonathan Lewis Solo - LEJOG Summer 2005 : The ‘Ring’ Road
183. DEAD LINK. Jellybaby Journey - Greg's 12 day solo ride, with Caroline in the support car
182. Ian Wallace's End to End - On his bike, on his own
181. All the way in a Trice ......or on a Trice? Steve Ingham's Trice Recumbent Trip
180. DEAD LINK. Tandem LEJoG - Colin Trubshaw and Neil's trip - Having done the trip Colin wrote it up like a book in a .pdf file which you need to download to view
(Colin & Neil did the Bike Britain Route - "I would highly recommend the Bike Britain Route. It's almost entirely minor roads, except for a few major A roads in Widnes, but if you check the map, there's really no alternative. There were a few days when we saw probably less than 50 cars! Because of this, the scenery is also very nice and rural. The thing that I liked best, was that you have the height profile laid out before you so that you can anticipate what sort of a day you're in for. If I did it again, I would take the same route." - Colin - - http://www.epicguides.co.nz/mproduce the Bike Britain Book - The CTC and others do routes on minor roads and it would be interesting to hear how this compares)
179. Breathe For You Tour - Jerry Clinch's second LeJoG for The Wisdom Hospice, Rochester, Kent and PitPat, Bristol (TEXT SENT BY JERRY AND HOSTED ON THIS SITE)
178. Brompton Trip - Brian Dembrey's 1029 mile JoGLE by Brompton folding bike that proves what a great bike it is and solves the travel problems each end - Just fold whether you've done a 3 mile or 1029 mile trip! (TEXT SENT BY BRIAN AND HOSTED ON THIS SITE)
177. Jasons Quick Trip - 4 days and 850 miles on a bike for Whizz-Kidz June 2005
176. JOGLE June 2005 - Rob & Joe’s bicycle ride of 935 miles South from John O’Groats to Land’s End - Now Available as a CD ROM - See site
175. DEAD LINK. The Douglas Bader Foundation - After a team talk from Lady Bader, 6 lower limb amputees, 2 handcyclists, 1 upper limb amputee and 5 able bodied riders complete their 20 day trip, the 2nd day 'billed as 48 miles of scenic opportunities...'
174. DEAD LINK. Father & Son - 14 day B&B Route
173. DEAD LINK. Britain SEWN Up Cycle 2004 - LE to Lowestoft to Ardnamurchan to Jo'G - 1400 miles taking in the most Easterly and Westerly points of the British Isles - A great trip! Using much of Ron Strutt's Routes
172. Dave & Jo's E2E 2005 - A trip in April/May
171. DEAD LINK. Charlie Beckett's End to End - A solo ride in eleven days
170. Minimalist LEJoG - Two cyclists, racing bikes, half a change of clothes each in a backpack and finding B&B on the way
169. Mark & Richard Cycle Britain - Thorough planning, great site & after the ride they flew home by EasyJet
168. DEAD LINK. Bimble About 2005 - Two test their prostates over a gruelling two week course
167. JoGLE 2005 - Martin's Solo North to South
166. DEAD LINK. Team Malawi - 8 days, 6 Cyclists, JoG to LE
165. DEAD LINK. Just Hire a Bike and Do It - JoG to Cardiff (with Cardiff to Lands End planned for next year)
164. DEAD LINK. End2End 2006 - A ride being planned on a website
163. DEAD LINK. E2E+3P - Dave & Peter do Snowdon, Scaffel Pike & Ben Nevis on route
162. John o'Groats - Lands End - Le tour de Jean Arnould, en francais
161. Cycling Britain - Cycling Gatwick to LE to JoG, train to Margate then cycle to Gatwick - Solo tour 1500 miles 20 days
160. 2men1bike - 9 day tandem ride on two tandems, the first one broke en route! 2men2tandems?
159. DEAD LINK. A LEJoG Blog - Ben & Sam are riding now (7/9/05)
158. Rob Woods End to End - 14 day solo trip in June 2004
157. DEAD LINK. theend2end.co.uk - 11 day trip in May 2005 raising money for Trekforce Expeditions
156. Andy & John's End to End in 5 Years - 4 stages over 5 years
155. RandomTandem - 1000 Miles, 2 Idiots, 1 Bike (Their words!) - 1000 miles in 9 days May 2005
154. Ellonwheels 2005 - Ellen Loois does the ride in 12 days starting on 5th June for Huntington's Chorea.
153. DEAD LINK. asklejog2005 - Andy, Steve & Kev do a 9 day van supported 900 miles for Macmillan Cancer Relief.
152. DEAD LINK. http://www.fietsboeken.nl/ - Guus & Nel Schipper from Holland did the End to End in 2003 and it is one of 4 trips on their website
151. DEAD LINK. http://www.numbbums.co.uk/- Steve & Mark did the ride from 14th May 2005 raising money for the ward where Steve had chemotherapy
150. Richard's 9 Day Ride - A Solo fundraiser
149. DUPLICATED Daughter & Dad - 1003 miles - One rider is 14 years old and the other is "aren't policemen looking young" age.
148. Liz & Stu's End to End - 15 days on 2001
147. Ben and Graham Brodie - 17 days riding & 2 days off - July/Aug 2004 - Site has good links to other cycling and End to Ends
146. DEAD LINK. Richard Bates LEJOG May-June 2004 - Relaxed solo tour using tent and accommodation
145. DEAD LINK. Land's End to John O'Groats - May 2004 1076 miles in 15 days - Patrick Pavey's Solo Hostel Ride
144. 15 Days via Arran - Alan Pewsey and 3 friends' 2003 trip taking in the Isle of Arran en route
143. Steve's Solo YHA Trip - A 13 Day trip where planning ambitious mileage in Cornwall and Devon started it hard.
142. 72 hour Non-Stop End to End 2005 - Raising Money for The Meningitis Trust
141. DEAD LINK. Off-Road End to End 2003- James Spencer and David Broddle do their mainly Off-Road route. (This page is 248Kb, being html generated by MS Word)
140. Duffsters Solo East of Pennines End to End 2003 - Jason Duffy got the opportunity to do the ride he had wanted to attempt for a while.
139. DEAD LINK. Tractor Boys Cycle LEJOG - Two ordinary guys from Suffolk cycle for charity.
138. D2D 2003 - Dover to Durness, a different end to end - The pictures on this site show they picked a great route.
137. DEAD LINK. JOG.LE.04 - Anup Biswas & Pete Richardsons' 915 mile Eastern route via Doncaster
136. DEAD LINK. Dr Pepperdionysus - A great site about a ride that following an East of The Pennines Route, which gives me great pleasure to add to my links. By three men on 'cheap and nasty mountain bikes', who camped. They followed a lot of my route, and say it is the only one that they could find on the web that they could plot onto a map. I am bowled over!
135. DEAD LINK. Lightweight to Land's End - Ian Walker is going to write his site after his ride at Easter 2004, but has found out the following about bike reservations on trains -
After speaking to Scotrail I now have the answer! BOOK ALL YOUR TRAIN TICKETS OVER THE PHONE AND GET THE RESERVATIONS AT THE SAME TIME. If you do it on-line, or in any other way, and then try to get your bike reservations after you've booked your train ticket, they can't give you a bike reservation ticket. The only way you can get a bike reservation ticket is if you get it at exactly the same time as your travel tickets, so ALWAYS book by phone or in person at the station and make sure you get the reservation there and then!
133. Pete's UK End to End 1999 - A solo camping trip in 11 days
132. DEAD LINK. John o'Groats to Land's End - QCumbor's North to South Solo End to End
131. Deutsche End2End - Zwei Liegeräder - Two German recumbent riders complete a camping LEJoG.
130. Dad and Daughter - 1000 miles - Dad & 14 year old daughter just get on their touring bikes with their camping kit and maps and ride the LEJoG - simple!
129. DEAD LINK. Ken's Autumnal LEJoG 2003 - Ken Middlemiss's solo B&B trip in 18 days and 1021 miles
128. DEAD LINK. Nick Hateboer's End to End - A Doctor's 13 day Charity Ride
127. DEAD LINK. Garstang High School and Community Technology College - This school do it again, for the 7th year in a row! (From their organiser - "We would be happy to reply to anyone who wanted any advice about the ride. Yes, we do seem to be the only people who have done it regularly, and are planning to do it again next year. I had a meeting for any 14-15 year old at school who were interested in it last Friday, and gave out 30 letters. I'm sure they will not all come, as we could not take more than 10, but the interest is there which is good. We got almost £3,500 this year for charity". - Simon Millward-Hopkins)
126. 1000 Mile Tandem Ride - Sponsored ride in July 2003 by Phil & Tim Catt
125. End2End 2003 - Doing it the hard way: JOG to LE in 8 days. Supported ride by 8 cyclists in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
124. DEAD LINK. The Ride - Two middle aged men (47 & 51) who started cycling only a couple of years ago. They planned a 14 day trip (south to north) and ended up doing it in 12, finishing on 21st July 2003.
123. Vinnie's Land's End to John O'Groats Cycle Ride - Fast solo ride in September 2003.
122. DEAD LINK. Flattest End to End - Solo ride over a route planned to be the flattest. A route of great accommodation and a return from J o'G by private plane, but the cycling was just as big an achievement as for the rest of us!
121. Chris Gibson - Solo 9-10 day fundraiser staying in B&B, starting 5th June 2003 and updating site daily
120. Cycling for Life - Ambitious fundraising planned for Sept 2003, via a route which passes through Keighley. 3 man team supported by a van.
119. Phoebe's Wish - Phoebe was born at 26 weeks, weighing only 620g (1lb 5oz). Her dad and his 40 something friends are off on a LEJoG to raise money for the neonatal unit at Middlesborough on June 9th.
118. DEAD LINK. Seeking Jerusalem at John O'Groats- Charity ride on the website of The Council for the Advancement of Arab-British Understanding.
117. DEAD LINK. Two-Way in 1983 - Robert Kletz's trip from home to Jo'G then to LE then home again.
116. DEAD LINK. Now Go And Do It - Lee Hargreaves June 2002, 9 day End to End, solo, unsupported. Anyone can do it!
115. DEAD LINK. The Painswick Four - 2002 supported group tour charity ride.
114. DEAD LINK. Peter Smith - 2002 Charity Ride as part of one of Colin Langdon's organised tours.
113. Cees van't Hoff's Fietstocht door Engeland - For Dutch readers.
112. DEAD LINK. Jane Waite Cycles LEJOG- be inspired!
111. Ron Strutt's RuralRides.net - Ron has done 3 End to Ends, including a '4 Sides' route including the most Easterly and Westerly UK points
110. DEAD LINK. Derek Higbee's Three Peaks Trip- via Snowdon, Scafell Pike, and Ben Nevis. 1,195 miles on the bike and some 25 miles walking. Computer and GPS tracking.
109. ? LINK Larry Coleman's Land's End to Duncansby Head - The first link to an American account. The trip took in the Isle of Arran on the way!
108. DEAD LINK. Richard Hopper's End to End - A good account of a solo trip by the CTC B&B route with advice as well
107. DEAD LINK. Because There's Nothing on Telly.... - LEJOG in July 2002, by Stuart Mackenzie
106. DEAD LINK. UK End to End 2002 - Tim Cooke, an ex-pat Brit, with his 6 person party from the USA
105. DEAD LINK. Epic Guide- New book which appears very thorough and well illustrated
104. Mission Difficult.org - Tandem trip in May 2002
102. Tour de Frank - July 2002 - Solo Ride
101. DEAD LINK. Chris Gooderham & John Birch - Chose their own route and rode unsupported using B&B accommodation
100. DEAD LINK. Alan's End to End - Via The Lizard, the Ardnamurchan Peninsular & Dunnet's Head, the UK mainland's most Southerly and Westerly & Northerly points
99. DEAD LINK. Don's Quest - Sean Newman's fundraising ride for Parkinsons Disease, taking up the aim of Don Hoggart who died whilst training to walk LE to JoG for the same cause
98. Three On A Bike - On a three seater bike in Summer 2001
97. DEAD LINK. Alan Walker - 13 day trip - another very professional site
96. ? LINK. Edward Peters - great site which I enjoyed watching 'live' as the trip progressed. His data proves how you do more climbing in The West Country than you do in Scotland!
95. ? LINK. July/Aug 2002 - Keith and Matthew Hoyles B&B ride raising money for Galloway's Society for the Blind
94. DEAD LINK. Camping Trip - Gary Brunsdon's solo sponsored trip to raise money for The National Society For Epilepsy - Started Monday 20th May 2002
93. Ride For Life - John o'Groats to Land's End - Starts 24th June 2002 - Route via Essex - Very smart, thorough and technical site
92. 7 Year Old Takes Record - Excellent site about Bow-Jango and his cycling familys' trip in July 2002 - He raised money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, and has the condition himself. He is an experienced cycle tourist already, having ridden since the age of four and completed about 1000 miles on tours in the West Country, France, and Holland! He eats lots of Weetabix for breakfast!
91. DEAD LINK. Howard Moore'ssite for planned ride coming up this year
90. DEAD LINK. LE To JO'G by Tandem - 1st to 13th June 2000 by Angela & Stephen
89. DEAD LINK. Brendan & Jade - Cycle to Scotland 2002, started 20th Jan 2002
88. DEAD LINK. End 2 End Charity Cycle Website - Fitness enthusiasts Keeley Howard and Lisa Rogers from Birmingham in 2001
87. Fife Flyers - 8 day sponsored ride
86. DEAD LINK. Joyce Wooster- ".... training started immediately on an exercise bike with 2 minutes of gentle cycling daily, building up to 12 to 20 miles per day for the last three months"
85. Becontree Wheelers - Veterans of their 1975 ride repeat it with some newbies in 2000
84. DEAD LINK. Geoff Morris's Sponsored Ride - 12 and a half days in Aug 2001
83. DEAD LINK. Chris & Kathy’s End to End - members of the Icknield Road Club on a tandem
82. Will Watson - 9 day trip in June 2000
81. DEAD LINK. Tony Divers - Raising money for Multiple Sclerosis
80. N Coomber - some pictures of a 1978 trip
79. DEAD LINK. Pearson Cycles - a trip with Bike Adventures
78. DEAD LINK. Penny Farthing - Getting a really good view in 2000!
77. Maidenhead Rotaract Club - Summer 2000 trip
76. DEAD LINK. Phil Rawlings - Trips in the early '90s
75. End to End - in 15 days on a tandem by Janice Newman & Peter Allocco in June 1996
74. DEAD LINK. Alan Sloman - First LEJOG by a deaf/blind man
73. DEAD LINK. Rex's Bicycle Ride - Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Relief
72. Steveonabike.co.uk - Raising money for breast cancer
71. DEAD LINK. thebikeride.com - Raising money for Childline
70. DEAD LINK. Graham's End 2 End Daily Schedule
69. DEAD LINK. Lancaster Cycling Club’s 'Race' - in 8 days in 1996
68. DEAD LINK. Lancaster Cycling Club’s 12 Day - in 1994
66. DEAD LINK. UK Outdoor Pursuits - Organised charity ride organisers running event in May 2002 for several charities - You can sign up and choose which of them you want to support
65. DEAD LINK. Colin Langdon's Site - Colin leads LE to JoG trips and is organising four in Summer 2002. They are for CTC members only, so join now if you are interested in going!! Also has details of a previous trip
64. Bike Tours Great British Bike Ride - August 2001 trip organised for 60 people camping - Excellent site by John Ennor, which thoroughly details the route, which is an East of the Pennines one at 1099 miles
63. 14 Day End to End in 20 years - finished in 2001 by Tony Wallis
(TEXT SENT BY TONY AND HOSTED ON THIS SITE)
62. August 2001 Adventure - by Derek Hunter
(TEXT & PHOTOS SENT BY DEREK AND HOSTED ON THIS SITE)
61. DEAD LINK. Dave's End to End - by Dave Barter in August 2001 : NOW LIVE AGAIN IN THE JOURNALS AT No 61
60. DEAD LINK. Neil & Caroline's Holiday - from 11th August to 1st September 2001 - In their diary section are lots of links to places on the way
59. DEAD LINK. JOGLE Club Charity Ride - 28th July to 11th August 2001
58. DEAD LINK. John S. Fisher's Trip - Summer 2001, run by Outdoor Pursuits
57. DEAD LINK. Rob Ainsley's Article - as published in Cycling Plus in 1998
56. http://www.end2end.me.uk//- by Chris Humphrey & Mark Bayliss raising money for Albinism in 8 days in July 2001
55. DEAD LINK. http://www.2cycle.org.uk/- by members of The Fabulous Cruelshoes band from the Edinburgh area in 11 days for Ravelrig Riding for the Disabled Association in July 2001
54. DEAD LINK. Bikething.org - From 2nd July 2001 William Garnier has challenged himself to cycle the length of the United Kingdom in 6 days, to raise money for charity. You can support him on his site, and see a detailed route plan on his 'catalyst' page.
53. 2001 Cycling Odyssey - Trip starting in June - Excellent site with full maps and route description.
52. DEAD LINK. First 2001 Trip - Dave Burton has done an even more 'East Route' than ours, showing again the fun and achievement of picking your own route!
51. September 2000 Trip by Tandem - Ken & Linda Hardy have done a great site about their trip
49. DEAD LINK. School Summer 2000 Trip - a non-stop relay trip by King Edward VII & Queen Mary School, Lytham
48. DEAD LINK. Robert's CTC Scenic Route Trip - completed in April/May 2000 - Has details of new river bridge near Carbisdale Castle SYH
47. DEAD LINK. Brian's End2End Ride - May 2000
45. DEAD LINK. Nifty Nev's 2000 Trip - Good map section and route description on this site.
44. DEAD LINK. Le Jog 2000 - Garstang High School's trip for charity in July 2000, in 20 days, by 12 pupils and staff.
43. DEAD LINK. Dave Lord & Chris Curtis's Charity Ride - Started 17th June 2000 and the site was udpated with news as they went on their West side route, supported and camping.
42. DEAD LINK. Richard Collyer's End to End Page - a sponsored End to End undertaken in June 2000 in aid of The Cystic Fibrosis Trust - Donate direct to The Cystic Fibrosis Trust at http://www.cftrust.org.uk.
41. DEAD LINK. A Charity Ride Starting in September 2000 - John Preston's Site
40. DEAD LINK. Summer 2000- trip by someone from Warwick University with the initials SRSAC (?). A good acount of a solo trip from North to South in 16 days.
39. DEAD LINK. Phill King's CTC B&B Route Trip - 7th to 20th May 2000, including the scenic, but hard, road from Perth to Inverness via Braemar and Tomintoul, through skiing country.
38. June 2000 Trip - Allen Freeman's trip, from the American perspective.
36. DEAD LINK. Losing Pounds For Charity - Stuart Field's Aug 2000 trip for charity - snappy website
35. The Sore Butt Bike Ride - An Aug 2000 trip, of 13 days, to raise money for The Motor Neurone Disease Association - Impressive site, with a foreword by Tony Blair !
34. DEAD LINK. Carlo Gambardella - a six day ride with 180 miles on each of the first 2 days!
33. Next Time I'll Stay in Youth Hostels - A Journey from Land's End to John O'Groats On An Overloaded Recumbent Cycle In June 1999 - A self supported solo camping trip.
32. Martin Wittram's Account of his cycle tour along the West side of the UK in 1999.
31. DEAD LINK. August 1999 Trip - Trip by Keith Butterfield and friends along the CTC Youth Hostels scenic Route. He Thinks it's a long winded account, but, if you can't read it all, have you got the staying power for cycling the trip! Good pictures and gives a good feeling of how the trip went, having been written so freshly after he finished.
30. DEAD LINK. Cycling For Alzheimers- Land's End to John o'Groats, 19th June to 11th July 1999, by Glennys Hammond and Cathy Stanley - a good site about a trip for charity
29. DEAD LINK. Colin Langdon's 1999 Trip - 22 day CTC YHA route by Colin, with links to pages by two other members of the group who have written about it on the net. A thorough description with mileages.
28. DEAD LINK. City of Edinburgh Universities Officer Cadets- The Territorial Army do the trip! Spring 1999.
27. DEAD LINK. Photos 1999 - Finlay R.K. Edridges photos of his trip
26. DEAD LINK. Jake Badger's Aug '99 Trip- He photographed lots of road signs, like I did.
25. DEAD LINK. Keith Wright - 17 day trip in June 1999 - He is a member of 51 International, the follow-on organisation of The Rotary Club, and was raising money for Alzheimers.
24. DEAD LINK. 3 Days 22 hours 5 min ! - in 1999 by Steve Pryor
23. DEAD LINK. The Biking Bankers - Land's End to John o'Groats, 15th to 30th July 1998. Very detailed and thorough site.
22. DEAD LINK. A 1998 Trip - Ruari Prendivilles account of a 9 day van supported trip. Lots of pictures, including some on Day 9 of the pink 'Le Mirage Restaurant' in Helmsdale, so it was still there in 1998! How many other End to Enders have visited it?
21. DEAD LINK. End to End 1998- with 16 riders and 9 helpers. Completed in 12 days on an 88 mile per day, 1056 mile route. The only other trip that I have found that travelled to the East of the Pennines.
20. DEAD LINK. Mike Hartland's 1998 Trip - with 12 Colleagues from the Royal Mail Redhill Postcode Area. A van supported trip which raised £15,000 for the charity Headway.
19. DEAD LINK. Jack Duke's End to End - 1998 1000 Mile Trip - with a colourful account.
18. DEAD LINK. Dave Bristow's 1998 Trip - He even details his heartbeats on his North to South trip. Has 10 tips for the trip at the end.
17. DEAD LINK. Alan Farthing's 1998 Trip- 18 day CTC YHA route by Alan & friends from Hainault Road Club. Includes list of daily mileages.
16. DEAD LINK. Homme Zwaagstraa's - 1998, 20 day, trip with 2 friends, raising money for Intermediate Technology.
15. DEAD LINK. Traditional Touring Club - 1997 trip by this interesting looking club from Leigh-on Sea, Essex, by a route taking in Yorkshire, Carlisle, Peebles and Edinburgh.
14. DEAD LINK. Cycle Tour 1997 - A 'wrong way' tour starting at John o'Groats.
13. DEAD LINK. Land's End to John o'Groats Diary 1997 - Detailed account with a good way of getting to and from the ends - They did one way hire of vans, leaving one at Truro and picking one up in Inverness to return home.
12. Diary of an Alcohol Fuelled 1997 Tour - By Martin Prince
11. DEAD LINK. Geoff's 1996 Tour - He's still in the throes of writing it up on the net, but it's coming on well.
9. DEAD LINK. A 1994 Trip - with route details and some tips. Completed in 6 days
8. LE to J'oG With Three Others - A 1994 Trip with a fair bit of detail about personal relationships in a group and how they can be strained........ Also 2000 Tour - with satellite tracking on a 2 man tour along the CTC scenic route! Very thorough route description.
7. DEAD LINK. RBL Harwell - 1982, 10 day, trip by Charlie East and friends, fundraising for the Royal British Legion in Harwell.
6. DEAD LINK. From Land's End to John o'Groats - A 4 and a half day trip by 61 year old Ian Sandbach, who used the AA when he got a puncture!
5. DEAD LINK. John O'Groats to Land's End - Diary Index - by Doug "Doug" Manning, Ian "Moose" Kinshott and Chris "Nibs" King, students from Bath University...
4. DEAD LINK. Fontgary Triathlon Club's website has an account of their 7 day long 150+ mile per day End 2 End, which made me tired just reading it! It is a good read though if you are thinking of doing the trip as a team event, whatever pace you do.
3. Land's End To John o'Groats, By Bicycle - A charity cycle ride, in aid of the Imperial Cancer Research Fund ( http://www.icnet.uk )
2. Ralph Dadswell's Record Trip - on a trike in 53 hours 29 minutes!!!
1. Windheetah Record - Andy Wilkinson's record run in a Windcheetah recumbent in 41 hours 4 mins and 22 secs for an 861 mile route!
© COPYRIGHT 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010 etc!
[SEE NOTE ABOVE RE COPYING]